Tuesday, 8 February 2011

A brief history of me.

It's always tricky starting any new form of writing; I've contributed loads of little jokey stories to web forums before, and collected them on livejournal but having read a lot of Shane's writing, and that of some other, more serious bloggers I've been motivated to get off my arse and maybe try and contribute something to the world out there.

My life isn't really that remarkable; stable family background, stable relationship, child, job, but I have a history of drug abuse, dealing, rehab and all the things that go along with it. I still have a habit, which I am happy with but have to hide, and want to stop for that reason (so maybe I'm not that happy with it, after all).

I'm still prone to feeling bleak, lethargic, apathetic and melancholy, although the majority of my time is spent exhausted but bouncing off the walls with ideas and energy. Thing is, I'm rarely clear headed for more than a day or so; I am an addict, although my dependency is more psyschological than physical, despite my use of gear most days. Well, every day I have money, or my friend has money. If I have a day off, or if I'm not busy, then I tend to be smashed an hour after waking. I'm fortunate to have work and a family as they keep me as straight as it is possible for me to be.

This is hopefully going to be a way for me to recount some of the things I've experienced, explore them properly with a bit of hindsight and, you never know, maybe I'll be interesting enough for one or two people to want to hear what I have to say.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya John, I don't comment very much around blogs so I'll at least make an historic first comment here. No matter what this place becomes you'll certainly become integrated in the junkie blog grapevine.. which is a kinda hidden community all of its own. And not all are still using... so it's not about that at all... it's just about knowing this life we've led. Not so many have, and even less write of it.

    You take care and we'll speak again very soon...

    All My Best, Shane. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words and the encouragement Shane.

    I'll start uploading a few more bits of more solid content over the next few days; it's been a while since I did anything other than make short, humorous stories on forums, so it'll be nice to stretch myself a bit...

    I look forward (as usual) to catching up with you soon - I'm looking forward to the WFJ book, and I'm gonna link all these profiles of mine with a pic so people can tag me as the same guy across all these media.

    ReplyDelete